It's what we do!
Cavendish deVere - probably the most professional painting and decorating company in London. That's a bold statement considering the number of painting companies in London. But we're as bold as the colours we paint - and we believe in what we say and how we paint. We're here to make your painting project straight forward and simple - just tell us what you want painted and what colour!
Making it simple - because it's really not that hard!
It really can be as simple as that. Tell us what you need painted. Pick a colour. We'll tell you how long it will take and how much it will cost in paint and labour. You select us and we deliver on time and at the price we agreed on. It really is as simple as that! For you, at any rate. If you're interested in the method we use to make it that simple for you, read below...
Putting together a method where others find madness - our process
- To start with we cover the area with protection and sheeting
- We then fill in any holes in the walls and ceilings
- Next is sanding and preparing the surfaces of the ceilings and walls
- If they are in very poor condition we can re-plaster and skim the walls
- But if your budget won't allow it, we can use high grade lining paper
- For new plaster we apply a watered down undercoat because new plaster absorbs paint
- That's followed by applying an undercoat of paint or two coats if appropriate
The prep is over - let the painting commence...
- Next on is the top coat paint. Applied by hand with a roller and a brush
- We will apply as many coats as necessary to ensure that the colour is even
- We can apply pretty much any finish
- Matt, vinyl matt, sheen, silk or traditional emulsion are popular
- We can also paint different walls in different colours e.g. feature walls
- Once the painting is complete we'll remove the sheets and painting equipment
- The area is tidied and we'll leave you with a beautifully painted property
Woodwork - prep it and paint it
- To start with we cover the area with protection and sheeting to prevent spills
- We'll fill any holes in the wood with a wood filler
- We then sand down the wooden surface and vacuum the area to remove any dust
- The wooden surface now gets a coat of primer
- When that's dry we apply an undercoat
- The wood is finished in a flat oil, eggshell, satin, or gloss finish
- For a front door we recommend a high gloss or coach finish - and several coats!
Painting houses - that's what it's all about
- Interior house decorating
- Painting feature walls
- Painting sash windows
- Redecorating kitchens and bathrooms
- Decorating living rooms, bedrooms and hallways
- Painting front doors to a high standard
- Painting woodwork, bannisters and architraves
At all times - keeping your home clean while we're painting!
Painting and decorating can be a mucky job but we understand that keeping a property tidy during the painting project and leaving the area tidy at the end of the day is important to our customers. And as London's premium house decorating company, we make it our business to keep our customers happy.